Thursday, July 19, 2007

Strange days

Still no news on what happened to Uncle A. Family found him dead in his bed yesterday morning. Doesn't quite seem real. Sent card to my cousin. Not 'sympathy' card, just little notelet saying we're all thinking of her and her mum and sister. Autopsy inevitable, sorry to say.

Until yesterday's bombshell, I was planning to update you on my reading.

  • For the Death of Me - Quintin Jardine (Awful, I mean awful. A definite attempt at a portrait for the attic - pure vanity.)
  • House of Sand and Fog - Andre Dubus II (Started well. Lost interest after a bit but will give it another go.)
  • The Vesuvius Club - Mark Gatiss (Self-consciously 'witty' but never the less pretty entertaining.)
  • Fictions - Jorge Luis Borges (Saving it as an antedote to the new Harry P, which will arrive on Saturday and be devoured within 48 hours - and yes, I am suitably ashamed of myself.)

Love A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home