Friday, October 26, 2007

From a couple of weeks ago - never got posted:

Do you know what I want? (what I really, really want)
I want a housekeeper. Just for a couple of hours a day. More than (almost) anything in the world I want someone to come along and look after me and this house while I write. I don't want to think about the washing or the cat or the shopping or just how dirty the kitchen floor is becoming. I want to be able to wake up in the morning, make a nice cup of tea, wave the kids off and just start working while someone else (someone well-paid and respected of course, so I don't have to feel bad about it) does a bit of housework or puts a casserole in the oven. Wouldn't it be heavenly? I wonder how many books you have to sell in order to live like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home