Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Dear Sam

Dear Sam
Thanks for the constructive criticism, however I will not be taking your advice and giving up. I'm sure you're vastly qualified to be making such negative comments about my writing, but so are several other objective readers who've been a lot more helpful and encouraging than you. Of course I am horrified that my work doesn't match up to your exacting standards - all this time I was sure I was writing the next Nobel prize winner, rather than just a popular crime novel.

Kind regards
A

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God do I sympathise. Did you know J.K. Rowling got rejected by all and sundry the first few times she sent H.P. out? Don't let the bastards grind you down!

7:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Knackered Writer,
I'm assuming your knackeredness has something to do with the child you mention, rather than being some tragic condition such as ME? I do hope it is only the former.

I do not, as a rule, read crime novels but I did quite like your beginning. Contrary to what the delightful Sam had to say, I was left wondering what happened next. I do not have £30 000 to spare, but had I the funds I would think it a decent bet.

Good luck.

7:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So JK Rowling got rejected too - well newsflash, she is hardly a good example to follow, I'd rather write a good book than an overrated derivative popular book any time.

3:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home